Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Lazy Sunday gaming was a bit of a flop


This room is feeling lonely without you!

The wife and I had planned a lazy Sunday board gaming day for friends and family to hang out at our house. We planned this for the 8th. I was hyped up for the day as we had 15 people talking about coming out. We ran out to the board game store and picked up a game for a large group, then stocked up on snacks and drinks. The day came and 3 people showed up.

The brother in law came with the niece. The sister in law ended up having to work. My other niece’s husband showed up for a bit but left early to pick up my niece from a baby shower.

We tried out our new game, Masquerade, for a few rounds. I’ll review it once we get some large group plays in. We moved on to The Adventurers for a while then everyone went home. And I just realized we’ve had the Adventurers forever and I never did a review. Check back next week for that one!

Jerks not coming to my party.
To be honest I’ve been feeling pretty blah about it and have been in an antisocial funk since then. But the wife has convinced me to try again. After all the people who did come seemed to have some fun, and I’m always happy to see them. Most of the people who didn’t come had reasonable issues prevent them. My brother was on course, my sister and niece had tickets to the Indiana Jones exhibit, friends from out of town couldn’t make it in for the weekend, and for some friends it was their weekend with the kids.

Add caption
So we are trying again at the end of the month. We tried timing it for when people don’t work so we will see how this goes. I shortened the list of invites because some people just didn’t seem interested. My wife wanted it moved to a Saturday so we could have a quiet lazy Sunday. We figured a 1 to 6 timeframe would work so we wouldn’t be interfering with date night plans.

If one of our friends is reading this and wondering why they didn’t get the invite it’s either because all of the planning happened on facebook and you aren’t on there or I didn’t realize you were the board gaming type. Feel free to shoot me a message for the info.

No comments:

Post a Comment