Search This Blog

Tuesday 13 January 2015

New year new gaming post



Hello dear readers. I know I haven’t posted in about a month and I’m sorry about that. The Christmas season didn’t leave a lot of opportunities for games or blogging. But the New Year may hold promise for some serious gaming.

Of course we did do some gaming: Christmas day was spent with the wife’s side of the family and we took time to play Cards Against Humanity and watched the Doctor who special together. I didn’t get anything board game related for Christmas but hopefully I will make it to the store sometime soon. We decided to nerd in the New Year at home this time around. Friends of ours got a stone raclette grill for Christmas so we pulled out our fondue pot and had a fantastic fondue dinner. Guess what we followed up with: board games. The two other couples from dinner and our international man of mystery friend dropped in later. We played some Cards Against Humanity, followed by The Resistance, and then we were introduced to Dixit. Honestly I will need to play Dixit again as I had imbibed in way too much New Years spirit to be able to give a decent review. We ended the night playing Monty Python Fluxx with the one couple who ended up crashing on our air mattress.

We have to do a fondue/game night again. Grilled meat, melted cheese and geekery all go so well together. But 8 people maximum will fit for that kind of night in our house.

For Christmas the wife and I got some gift cards for home improvement stores and we spent a little of it on book shelves for the game room. We organized it a little more down there and we think we are ready for Lazy Sunday gaming. Beginning in February we will have a list of friends and family that will come over on Sunday afternoons for some board game fun: whoever can show is in by 13:00 at the earliest and out by 18:00 at the latest kind of thing. I hope this will get more friends and family into board gaming and introduce us to more games my friends own. Which I will then review for you.

I’m also trying to start an RPG group: Pen and paper role playing. I could GM for the Palladium system as it’s the one I’m most familiar with. I have ideas for most of their lines but I think the Heroes Unlimited game would probably be the most accessible to new players and easiest to start since players could just pick up Century Station heroes and start playing.

I’m running a little low on games to review but once the holiday bills get under control I should be able to budget for some games. Money is a little tight so the game budget will probably only allow for me to move to a monthly post format, unless my lottery investment pays off of course.

In the mean time feel free to comment below on which games I should be looking in to for my board game budget.

Until next time, hope you have a fantastic New Year with more fun playing new games and old favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment